Engagement Officer – Knowledge Service (maternity cover)
The EI seeks an experienced communications and engagement officer to work within its Knowledge Service. In this role, you will support the delivery and promotion of three flagship EI engagement initiatives: Generation 2050, the Energy Barometer and the Energy In Conversation podcast.
Full time maternity cover. Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending upon experience, plus benefits
Location: London and home-based; this role will involve time in our London office, as well as the opportunity to work from home.
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional membership body bringing global energy expertise together. We gather and share essential knowledge about energy, the skills that are helping us use it more wisely, and the good practice that keeps it safe and secure. We articulate the voice of energy experts, taking the know-how of around 20,000 members from 120 countries to the heart of the public debate. And we’re an independent, not-for-profit, safe space for evidence-based collaboration, an honest broker between industry, academia and policy makers.
The EI seeks an experienced communications and engagement officer to work within its Knowledge Service. In this role, you will support the delivery and promotion of three flagship EI engagement initiatives: Generation 2050, the Energy Barometer and the Energy In Conversation podcast. You will develop and execute multi-channel communication and engagement activities aimed at promoting the initiatives and services of the EI Knowledge Service (EIKS) and improve the service that EI members receive. You will consult and engage EI members with the aim of promoting discussion, providing evidence for policymaking, and disseminating energy information.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience liaising and communicating with a variety of stakeholders, knowledge of energy, sustainability, or STEM sectors, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As well as a competitive salary, you will get to work closely with a team of information professionals and energy analysts, and as part of the central External Affairs team.
Essential skills and experience
- Background in communications, external or public affairs, preferably in an energy or other technical setting
- Experience of working with a customer relationship management system
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong copywriting for both print and digital media
- A demonstrable interest in energy, STEM, sustainability or the environment
- Basic graphic design, including knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Stakeholder and/or client relationship management
- Excellent communication, organisational, administrative and IT skills
- Good understanding of social media, digital marketing and Google Analytic
- Ability to take initiative
Desirable skills and experience
- Broadcast, podcast, audio editing and production
- Strong inter-personal and team working skills
- Project management experience
- Experience or interest in UK policy and consultation processes
- Adaptable, organised and enthusiastic
- Inquisitive and eager to learn
The full job description can be found here. Deadline for applications is Sunday, 4 October. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and the role will start in late October, so interested applicants are advised to apply ASAP. To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the job description to email@example.com