This website uses cookies to help us improve your user experience and create reports. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
Please visit our privacy policy page to learn more about the cookies used on this website and how to change current settings if you do not agree. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of cookies.

EI Malaysia branch

Affiliate and Associate Members in Malaysia are entitled to a 50% discount on EI membership.  Please use the code EIMALAY19 when registering to receive the discount.

If you are interested in becoming involved or hearing more about Malaysia’s developing branch activities, please contact Peter Godfrey directly at pgodfrey@energyinst.org.

Committee contact

Peter Godfrey
Position: Managing Director - Energy Institute APAC

Latest news

US LNG exports to Europe increase amid declining demand and spot LNG prices in Asia

29-07-2019
US exports of LNG have been growing steadily and reached a new peak of 4.7bn cf/d in May 2019, according to the latest data published by the US Department of Energy’s Office of Fossil Energy. This year, the US became the world’s third-largest LNG exporter, averaging 4.2bn cf/d in the first five mont...

Read more »

LNG demand in South and Southeast Asia to quintuple by 2040

17-07-2019
LNG demand from the South and Southeast Asia region will grow over five times to reach 236mn t/y by 2040, according to Wood Mackenzie analysis. Almost half of that demand will come from the two major markets of Indonesia and India.India and Indonesia, with 63mn t/y and 43mn t/y of demand respectivel...

Read more »

Global discoveries up 35%, with deepwater leading the way

11-07-2019
Global discoveries of conventional oil and gas continue to show promising growth, with new finds totalling 6.7bn boe in 1H2019, according to the mid-year assessment of upstream data by Rystad Energy.The 1,123mn boe average monthly discovered volumes year-to-date reflect an approximate 35% uplift com...

Read more »

PTTEP makes large gas discovery offshore Sarawak

28-06-2019
PTTEP is reported to have made a large gas discovery in block SK410B offshore Sarawak, Malaysia.According to Wood Mackenzie, the discovery could be in the region of 2tn cf, making it the seventh largest global discovery of the year. It is in the deeper, high pressure/high temperature (HP/HT) reservo...

Read more »

Saudi Aramco to take 70% majority stake in SABIC

27-03-2019
Saudi Aramco has signed a share purchase agreement to acquire a 70% majority stake in Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) from the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, in a private transaction valued at $69.1bn. The remaining 30% of SABIC will continue to be publically traded on the Saudi ...

Read more »

Events

Sorry, there are no events showing at the moment. Please check back as this page is updated regularly. For other events or training courses, visit the What's on section.