Dudley, Birol, Barkindo and Rangarajan confirmed for IP Week 2019
Bob Dudley, Chief Executive Officer of BP, is the latest senior figure confirmed for the Energy Institute’s International Petroleum (IP) Week 2019, being held in London from 26-28 February.
For IP Week 2019, the Energy Institute will bring together leading industry figures and thinkers on energy across three critical themes – geopolitics, sustainability and technology.
A diverse line-up from the international oil and gas industry is already confirmed, including OPEC Secretary General Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo, IEA Executive Director Dr Fatih Birol FEI and Dr Pratima Rangarajan, Chief Executive Officer, the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative.
The conference also includes the prestigious IP Week dinner on the final day of the event at the London Hilton on Park Lane, attended by over 1,000 guests.
Energy Institute Chief Executive, Louise Kingham OBE FEI, commented:
“With IP Week just a few months away, our conference is already shaping up to hear from some of the most senior industry and government representatives on the critical issues shaping the energy sector.
“A spotlight will be shone on the geopolitical and technological issues influencing the energy sector, alongside our continued and growing emphasis on sustainability as companies adapt their businesses to address international commitments to reduce emissions and tackle climate change.
“The impressive line-up of some of the most influential and dynamic energy sector leaders makes IP Week unmissable.”
Speakers confirmed for IP Week 2019 so far include:
- Bob Dudley FEI, Chief Executive, BP
- His Excellency Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General, OPEC
- Dr Fatih Birol HonFEI, Executive Director, IEA
- Dr. Aldo Flores Quiroga, Undersecretary of Hydrocarbons, Mexico Government
- Dr Pratima Rangarajan, Chief Executive Officer, the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative
- Andy Brown OBE FEI, Upstream Director, Shell
- Namita Shah, President of People and Social Responsibility, Total
- Bernard Looney FREng FEI, Chief Executive, Upstream, BP
- Tor Martin Anfinnsen, Senior Vice President for Marketing and Trading, Equinor
- Adi Karev, Global Oil & Gas Leader, EY
- Melissa Stark FEI, Global Head of Renewables, Accenture
- David Womack, Global Leader, Strategy and Innovation, Chemicals and Petroleum Industries, IBM
Put together by leading sector experts, the IP Week programme brings people together to help the industry navigate big challenges, through shared insight in an era of accelerated global transition.
The programme for 2019, and event tickets, can be found at www.ipweek.co.uk
Notes for editors
- For more information contact Neil Michie at email@example.com or 020 7467 7132.
- The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered professional membership body bringing global energy expertise together. Our ambition is that energy, and its critical role in our world, is better understood, managed and valued.
We’re a unique network with insight spanning the world of energy, from conventional oil and gas to the most innovative renewable and energy efficient technologies. We gather and share essential knowledge about energy, provide the skills that are helping us all use it more wisely, and develop the good practice needed to keep it safe and secure.
We articulate the voice of energy experts, taking the know-how of around 20,000 members and 250 companies from 120 countries to the heart of the public debate. And we’re an independent, not-for-profit, safe space for evidence-based collaboration, an honest broker between industry, academia and policy makers.
The EI is here for anyone who wants to better understand or contribute to the extraordinary energy system on which we all depend.