New caisson and FPSO asset integrity guidance published at Aberdeen conference
Two new technical good practice publications for the offshore oil and gas sector have been published by the Energy Institute, coinciding with its Asset Integrity Management 2019 conference in Aberdeen today.
Guidelines for Caisson Life Cycle Integrity Management and Guidelines for the Management of Structural Ageing and Life Extension Issues for Floating Production Storage and Offloading Units have been released. These build on the Energy Institute’s established role in raising industry standards.
Dr Mark Scanlon MEI, Head of Good Practice, HSE at the Energy Institute commented:
“Our new good practice guidelines not only help in the prevention of major accident hazards, but they ensure asset integrity management and so reduce unplanned maintenance and repair costs.
“This will be the focus of the Asset Integrity Management conference, as industry experts discuss the need for proper asset management procedures, covering industry leadership, hazard identification, risk management, and measurement and review.”
The Asset Integrity Management conference is being held from 2-3 October at the Ardoe House Hotel, Aberdeen.
The conference will explore the latest industry thinking and innovation, with representatives from major operators, industry regulators, safety bodies, stakeholders and the supply chain presenting.
The EI is a leading provider of technical publications covering health, safety, environment, fuel quality and distribution. These include good practice guidance, test methods, measurement manuals, conferences and workshops.
Notes for editors
- For media enquiries contact Neil Michie on 020 7467 7132 or email@example.com
- Guidelines for Caisson Life Cycle Integrity Management (1st Edition) is available at: http://energy-inst.org/caisson
- Guidelines for the Management of Structural ALE Issues for Mono-Hull FPSOs (1st Edition) is available at: http://energy-inst.org/FPSOs
- Guidelines to Address Ageing and Life Extension Issues for Offshore Structures and Structural Components (1st Edition) is available at: http://energy-inst.org/ALE-structures
- Information about the Asset Integrity Management conference can be found at: https://www.energyinst.org/whats-on/search/events-and-training?meta_eventId=61910A
- The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered professional membership body bringing global energy expertise together.
We gather and share essential knowledge about energy, provide the skills that are helping us all use it more wisely, and develop the good practice needed to keep it safe and secure.
We articulate the voice of energy experts, taking the know-how of around 20,000 members and 200 companies from 120 countries to the heart of the public debate.
And we’re an independent, not-for-profit, safe space for evidence-based collaboration, an honest broker between industry, academia and policy makers.
The EI is here for anyone who wants to better understand or contribute to the extraordinary energy system on which we all depend.