Shell Chairman confirmed as IP Week Dinner speaker
Charles O. Holliday, Chairman of the Board of Directors at Royal Dutch Shell plc, has today been announced as the keynote speaker and guest of honour at the IP Week Dinner 2019.
Addressing over 1,000 guests at the prestigious dinner, Mr Holliday will draw on more than forty years of experience in senior industry positions and touch on the importance of industry taking a lead in the energy transition.
A previous Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the global chemical corporation DuPont, he has also previously served as Chairman of the Bank of America Corporation, The Business Council, the National Academy of Engineering, the Society of Chemical Industry - American Section, the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the Executive Committee of United Nations Sustainable Energy for All.
Following Mr Holliday’s speech, EI President, Malcolm Brinded CBE FREng FEI, will invite Professor Jim Skea CBE FEI, Co-Chair of the IPCC Working Group III and EI Past President, to respond to Mr Holliday, before moderating a short Q&A.
Energy Institute Chief Executive, Louise Kingham OBE FEI, commented:
“The IP Week dinner brings together senior industry figures following three days of conference and celebrates the very best of our exciting and dynamic industry.
“I’m very much looking forward to hearing Chad’s insights, drawing on his years of experience at the top of some of the biggest global commercial organisations, on some of the critical issues facing the energy sector.”
International Petroleum (IP) Week, being held in London from 26-28 February, will bring together leader industry figures and key thinkers on energy across three themes – geopolitics, sustainability and technology.
Speakers confirmed for IP Week 2019 so far include:
- Bob Dudley FEI, Chief Executive, BP
- His Excellency Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General, OPEC
- Dr Fatih Birol HonFEI, Executive Director, IEA
- Dr. Aldo Flores Quiroga, Undersecretary of Hydrocarbons, Mexico Government
- Dr Pratima Rangarajan, Chief Executive Officer, the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative
- Jason Bordoff, Professor of Professional Practice in International & Public Affairs, SIPA, Columbia University
- Andy Brown OBE FEI, Upstream Director, Shell
- Namita Shah, President of People and Social Responsibility, Total
- Bernard Looney FREng FEI, Chief Executive, Upstream, BP
- Ade Adeola FEI, Managing Director, Oil & Gas, Standard Chartered
- David Womack, Global Leader, Strategy and Innovation, Chemicals and Petroleum Industries, IBM
- Dr Carol Bell, Senior Non-Executive Director, Ophir Energy
Put together by leading sector experts, the IP Week programme brings people together to help the industry navigate big challenges, through shared insight in an era of accelerated global transition.
The programme for 2019, and event tickets, can be found at www.ipweek.co.uk
Notes for editors
- For more information contact Neil Michie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7467 7132.
- Media accreditation for IP Week 2019 will open in January - those interested should contact Neil Michie using the above details.
- The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered professional membership body bringing global energy expertise together.
We gather and share essential knowledge about energy, provide the skills that are helping us all use it more wisely, and develop the good practice needed to keep it safe and secure.
We articulate the voice of energy experts, taking the know-how of around 20,000 members and 250 companies from 120 countries to the heart of the public debate.
And we’re an independent, not-for-profit, safe space for evidence-based collaboration, an honest broker between industry, academia and policy makers.