NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- London and Home Counties
- <p>Energy Institute</p> <p>61 New Cavendish Street</p> <p>London, W1G 7AR</p>
- 09:00 - 17:00
Non-Member - 1150.00
Member - 1050.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
This NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety training will provide students with an industry recognised qualification for individuals with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. The course is available as a 5-day classroom course, E-Learning and In-House option.
About this course:
The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety is an industry recognised qualification delivered for individuals with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry.
This course focuses on international standards and management systems, supporting delegates in discharging workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore. The course focuses on process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
EXAMINATION: Note that the examination will take place on Monday 16th September following the course. Please ensure that you make appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements upon registration.
- Gain a professional insight into operational safety in the oil and gas sectors.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the application of knowledge to familiar and unfamiliar situations
- Demonstrate your understanding of critical analysis and evaluation of information presented in both quantitative and qualitative forms
- Receive a recognised international qualification, which will allow you to demonstrate competence to managers and clients.
- Develop your knowledge of process safety, reducing accidents and saving organisations money
Ideally candidates attending the course will have knowledge of process safety in hydrocarbon sector or a NEBOSH National General Certificate or International General Certificate.
The following areas are covered by the NEBOSH International Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety:
Health, Safety and environmental management in context
- Learning from Incidents
- Hazards inherent in oil and gas
- Risk Management Techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Safety cases and safety reports
Hydrocarbon process safety 1
- Contractor management
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Role and Purpose of a permit-to-work system
- Key principles of shift handover
- Plant operations and maintenance
- Start up and shut down
Hydrocarbon process safety 2
- Failure modes
- Other types of failure
- Safety critical equipment controls
- Safe storage of hydrocarbons
Fire hazards, risks and controls
- Furnace and boiler operations
- Fire protection and emergency response
- Fire and explosion risk in the oil and gas industries
- Emergency Response
Logistics and Transport operation
- Marine Transport
- Land Transport
- Training Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178