Decommissioning Training - October 2019
- London and Home Counties
- <p>Energy Institute<br />61 New Cavendish Street<br />London, W1G 7AR</p>
- 2019-10-21 00:00:00.000/2019-10-22 00:00:00.000
Non-Member - 1510.00
Member - 1300.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
This intensive 2-day training course will provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the key aspects of decommissioning. The course will be delivered by Ian Prince who is a recognized expert in the field of decommissioning.
The delegates will have a unique opportunity of discussing and comparing their individual decommissioning requirements both with the trainer and the other delegates. A key feature of the course will be the opportunity for the delegates to take part in the development of a decommissioning strategy and plan for a typical field.
- Highly interactive learning approach
- Real life team exercises
- Clear understanding of decommissioning issues and challenges
- Open discussion to share best practice
- Hands on case studies from trainer’s extensive experience
- The course will be an interactive 2-day master – class training that will bring together decommissioning professionals from the Oil and Gas Industry.
- The focus will be on covering all the key aspects of decommissioning taking note of lessons learnt from actual projects.
- Delegates will participate in the development of a decommissioning strategy and plan for a ‘typical’ field.
- In addition, there will be the added benefit for delegates to network with other professionals within the group
Who should take this course?
Anyone associated with the business of decommissioning who wants a broad-based introduction or to enhance current knowledge as presented by a recognised expert on the subject.
- The key components of decommissioning
- The North Sea decommissioning market and timing
- Regulatory issues
- Decommissioning strategies
- Comparative assessment
- End of field life
- Phasing and timing of decommissioning
- Challenges and identification of key risks
- Cessation of production
- Well abandonment
- Offshore preparatory work
- Removal and disposal of the offshore facility
- High level cost estimate and schedule for a typical field
Ian Prince is a recognized expert in the field of decommissioning with more than 40 years’ management experience within the offshore oil and gas industry covering both general and project management and has held senior roles within the decommissioning sector for the last 20 years.
He has worked in Norway for 13 years, during which time he was involved in a number of major offshore construction projects including the Ekofisk Jack up Project. Significant practical offshore experience with direct involvement in most of the main decommissioning projects to date in the North Sea include; Frigg, Ekofisk, Brent Spar, NW Hutton and Brent Field.
Ian is an active associate of the Energy Institute and has most recently been involved with the Human and Organisational Factors Committee (HOFCOM) in co-authoring the Human and organisational factors in end of service life and decommissioning guidance document, due to be published later this year. Ian has also run a number of well received training courses and workshops for the Energy Institute.
- Training Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178