Flexible Energy Networks: Designing the 21st Century Power Grid
- London YPN
- <p>Dentons UK<br />One Fleet Place<br />London<br />EC4M 7WS</p>
- 18:30 - 21:00
Non-Member - 5.00
Member - 5.00
- Book now
Please join EI London YPN for a panel debate and an evening of networking with thought leaders in flexibility for the UK energy market. Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
Records are being set in the UK grid with 26% of UK electricity supplied by wind energy this past December and the lowest coal burn last year since the industrial revolution. Will the grid adapt to accept high levels of intermittent electricity as it transitions to a net zero network? Will power outages become more frequent? Is the curtailment of renewables the new normal?
Please join us for a panel debate and an evening of networking with thought leaders in flexibility for the UK energy market. Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
- 18:30: Registration and Welcome
- 19:00: Presentations and Q&A
- 20:00: Networking + Food and drinks
- 21:00: End of event
- Vincent de Rul, Director of Energy Solutions at EDF
- Sotiris Georgiopoulos, Head of Smart Grid Development at UK Power Networks
- Isabel Sunnucks, Project Manager at Electron
- Colm Murphy, Electricity Market Change Delivery Manager at National Grid ESO