IMO 2020's Impact Across Industries | BritCham
- Shangri-La Hotel<br />22 Orange Grove Road<br />Singapore
- 08:00 - 10:00
The Energy Institute is delighted to once again be a supporting partner of the British Chamber of Commerce Singapore's Breakfast Club Series upcoming event, on the topic of IMO 2020.
In the lead-up to COP26 Glasgow, UK in November 2020, BritCham is discussing how the refining, trading and shipping industries have coped the first weeks under IMO2020 regulations.
These rules limit the sulphur content of shipping bunker fuel leading to impacts for all sectors.
We will cover the impacts concerning marine fuel and the ripple-on effects across industry, supply chains and logistics costs as users of petroleum products may be exposed to price volatility or shortages of supply.
The panel will discuss:
- Introduction of bunker fuel regulations on 1 January 2020 by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO), the United Nations' body responsible for the safety and environmental performance of the shipping sector.
- Impacts for refining and trading sectors.
- Drivers for alternative fuels, scrubbers and innovations in efficiency of propulsion in shipping including, LNG, Hydrogen and hybrid systems.
- Governance and stakeholder engagement – how one sector tackled climate-change issues and the lessons learnt; looking ahead to IMO2050.
Book your place now at: https://britchamsingapore.eventbank.com/event/imo-2020s-impact-across-industries-19798/