Level 1: Certificate in Energy Management Essentials - September 2020
- London and Home Counties
- <p>Energy Institute<br />61 New Cavendish Street<br />London<br />W1G 7AR</p>
Member - 1660.00
Non-Member - 1855.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
This introductory 5 day classroom course provides a comprehensive, practical overview of the fundamentals of energy management, equipping participants with all the essential knowledge and skills they need to save energy, reduce operational costs and carbon emissions, comply with legislation and meet their organisation's environmental goals.
Course topics include monitoring and targeting, energy auditing, solution development, as well as regulations and standards. As part of this course delegates will conduct a supervised energy audit visit to a plant room and cover writing an audit report.
Who should take this course:
- Those looking to begin a career in energy management or have recently taken up a role with energy management responsibilities
- Those looking to conduct internal energy audits for ESOS (with guidance and sign-off from a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor)
- Those who would like to refresh their knowledge before pursuing an EI upper-level training course
- Those coming from a wide range of fields including procurement, facilities management, finance, CSR and sustainability, who want to gain a better understanding of the field of energy management.
- This course is suitable for those with little or no knowledge or experience of energy management
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent + some experience using Microsoft Excel is required
- Pre-reading: Energy Essentials: A Guide to Energy Management
- Introduction to energy management: Building an energy management process
- Metering and buying
- Metering monitoring and targeting techniques
- Regulations and standards
- Energy auditing in practice
- Energy auditing: Report writing
- Energy management solutions
- Energy management: Project development
- Mounting an effective staff awareness campaign
- End of course exam
- Independent project: Energy audit & report
On successful completion of the course, students will achieve the Energy Institute's Level 1 'Certificate in Energy Management Essentials' training qualification. They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain the Energy Institute's Level 2 'Energy Management Professional' training qualification.
This course also meets the prior-knowledge requirement for attending an International register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course.
"I would highly recommend this course. The course is professionally prepared and very professionally run. This is the first, but very necessary, step in understanding assessment of energy efficiency in buildings."
“This was a very good course to establish a firm foundation in energy management, with a range of topics and learning approached.” - Dan Fernbank, Energy Manager, University of Reading
- Training Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178