EI LIVE | Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis - November 2020
- <p>Online</p> <div id="gtx-trans" style="position: absolute; left: -18px; top: -17px;"> </div>
Non-Member - £1550.00
Member - £1330.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
A 4-day training course addressing Human Factors issues in COMAH Safety Reports, teaching delegates how to carry out Human Factors Safety Critical Task Reviews.
EI LIVE Training
This 4-day course provide all the benefits of a classroom course without having to use your budget and time to travel to a venue. Training will be provided each morning over a period of days and conducted live by our expert tutors on the Energy Institute learning management and video conferencing system, allowing delegates to engage with the tutor in real time and ask questions, exactly as in classroom-based training.
The course will be delivered over the span of two weeks on:
- 16-17th November (Mon & Tue)
- 23-24th November (Mon & Tue)
Precise timings and joining instructions will be sent to all delegates closer to the time.
Why the EI's Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis training course?
Human Factors is recognized as a key topic for addressing safety in the oil, gas, onshore chemical plants, pharmaceutical manufacturing and power generation sectors.
This course covers all the topics necessary to produce the human factors analyses to satisfy COMAH safety report submissions, together with guidance on producing the associated procedures and competency management documentation based on these analyses.
- The course is in accordance with the EI guidance document on Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis.
- Delegates will receive an EI certificate after completion of the course.
Upon completing this training course, delegates should:
- Be able to develop a programme of work to address human factors in process safety, with particular emphasis on satisfying regulatory requirements such as COMAH
- Understand the different types of human error that need to be addressed within process safety
- Be able to apply the HFCTR tools during new plant design or modifications
- Be able to identify safety critical tasks
- Have an awareness of, and be able to use, techniques such as Hierarchical Task Analysis, Human Failure and Consequence analyses, and Performance Influencing Factors evaluations (Human Factors Critical Task Reviews, HFCTR) for simple tasks
- Be able to develop procedures and competency requirements based on the results of the HFCTR analyses
- Be aware of modelling and assessment tools for evaluating Human Error Probabilities for use in Quantitative Risk Assessment
Who should take this course?
- Plant Mangers
- Process Safety specialists
- Process plant designers
- Senior process operators
- Procedures and training developers
- Introduction to human factors (HF)
- Predicting and preventing Slips, Mistakes and Violations
- HF in process plant design
- Addressing HF in Major Accident scenarios for COMAH safety reviews
- Task and error analysis tools and techniques.
- Human failure identification, identifying and improving factors affecting error probability
- Using task and error analysis to develop ‘Risk Aware’ Procedures and Competency management
- Shift handovers, staffing levels and safety critical communication
- Incident investigation methods
- Quantifying human error probabilities for QRA.
This training course is delivered in partnership with Human Reliability Associates.
- Training Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178