East Mediterranean: The New Natural Gas Frontier
- London and Home Counties
- <p>Energy Institute<br />61 New Cavendish Street<br />London, W1G 7AR</p>
- 09:00 - 17:00
Non-Member - 350.00
Company member delegate - 300.00
Member - 250.00
- Book now
Learn more about the latest hotspot for hydrocarbon exploration & production activity.
With the discovery of the giant Zohr field offshore Egypt, the East Med has become a hot bed for hydrocarbon exploration & production activity. Most oil and gas majors are active in the region, including BP, ENI, Exxon Mobil, Total and Shell.
Egypt is at the forefront of this frontier, having turned the corner from importing to exporting LNG. Israel is already producing substantial quantities and the giant Leviathan gas field is about to come on stream, while Cyprus is continuing with its active and promising exploration programme. Lebanon has also started exploration and is embarking on a new licensing round. At the same time Greece has also awarded its first offshore licenses, attracting major international players.
Attend to hear more about future exploration hot-spots, where production is increasing and how the industry will continue to boom.
- Chair: Costis Stambolis, Executive Director, Institute of Energy for South East Europe
- Alexandra Sdoukou, Energy Advisor to the President, New Democracy Party
- Gina Cohen, Independent Consultant, Gina Energy
- Diana Kaissy, Executive Director, Lebanese Oil &b Gas Initiative (LOGI)
- Professor Jonathan Stern, Distinguished Research Fellow, Natural Gas Research Programme, The Oxford Institute for Energy Studies (OIES)
- Libor Krkoska, Deputy Director, Country Strategy, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Boyana Achovski, Secretary General, Gas Infrastructure Europe (GIE)
- Yiannis Grigoriou, CEO, Hellenic Petroleum Upstream Co
- Yannis Bassias, President & CEO, Hellenic Hydrocarbon Resources Management (HHRM)
- Nicholas A Ioannides, Public International Law Expert
- Transforming the offshore Eastern Mediterranean region into an exporting energy hotspot
- Insights into Egypt’s gas fields: A new phase of exploration for Egypt as a net gas exporter
- Israel's new oil and gas exploration opportunities
- Lebanon as the next exploration frontier in the Eastern Mediterranean region
- The outlook for Cyprus’s exploration and production opportunities
- Exploration and production activities in Greece: Its current outlook and future prospect as a new frontier
- The Eastern Mediterranean Gas Forum (EMGF): Forming a regional gas market?
- Climate change in the Eastern Mediterranean
- Fostering a new era of economic and political stability for the region
- The geology of the Eastern Mediterranean basin as an emerging major petroleum and gas province
- Connecting Cyprus and Egypt and the construction of the Eastern Mediterranean Pipeline
- Israel and Egypt’s natural gas export deal: EMG pipeline
- Building an international gas hub and unlocking gas exports
- Francesca Ferrari
- +44 (0)20 7467 7192