Middle East Sustainability Forum
- Middle East
- P.O. Box 17224 , Building 450; Road 4611; Manama Seafront 346; Bahrain Bay, Manama
Non-Member - £500.00
Company member - £400.00
Member - £300.00
- Book now
23 November 2021, Bahrain
This is part of Middle East HSE and Sustainability Week - for the HSE Forum please click here.
Sustainability: unmasking a new global landscape
"Rather than compounding the [COVID-19] tragedy by allowing it to hinder clean energy transitions, we need to seize the opportunity to help accelerate them." - Fatih Birol HonFEI, International Energy Agency
Registration closes at 17:00 GMT on 22 November 2021
If you are a company member, please email Francesca at email@example.com for the promo code needed to book your place at the company member rate - members and non-members can book online without a code.
To book for the Middle East HSE Forum, click here.
- Taking stock: Where are we now? Opportunities and threats of the current landscape
- Investment and innovation: Technology winners and losers
- Governance: Policy and regulatory drivers
Session: COVID19: What does this mean for the fight against the climate crisis?
Date: 8 December 2021
Time: 09:00 GMT |12:00 Bahrain, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia | 13:00 UAE and Oman
This session will take stock of the current sustainability landscape, assessing the immediate impact of COVID-19 on low carbon investment and identifying case studies of organisations and countries that have successfully built back better.
09:00 - Welcome from the chair and Energy Institute
09:10 - Fireside chats: COVID-19: What does this mean for the fight against the climate crisis?
This session will aim to discuss:
- What lessons can we learn from a global pandemic/crisis when responding to climate change and what would our advice be to government?
- How will energy efficiency and renewable benefit from COVID-19?
- How has COVID-19 brought circularity into a sharp focus?
- The economic impact of COVID-19 - will it make the fight against climate change harder to achieve?
- Will the COVID-19 fiscal recovery package accelerate or hinder the progress on climate change?
- Tackling energy poverty during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Carbon neutrality and the COVID-19 impact: What can organisations’ strategies teach us about the climate battle ahead?
09:55 - Voting and Q&A session
10:15 - Summary from the chair and closing remarks
- Discuss with industry experts the current energy landscape, and its impact on the low carbon transformation, regionally and internationally
- Make valuable contacts and share industry knowledge
- Be part of the 'international good practice' dialogue and help steer industry guidance
- Members: £300 + VAT
- Company members: £400 + VAT
- Non-members: £500 + VAT
Company members - please download the booking form to book. Members and non-members can book online. To book for the Middle East HSE Forum, click here.
New bookers: after creating an account with the Energy Institute, you will receive a verification email before you can book. If you do not receive this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to validate your account.
- Francesca Ferrari
- +44 (0)20 7467 7192