Level 1 Certificate in Energy Management - April 2020
- <p>Lagos Oriental Hotel</p> <p>11th Floor, New Office Wing,</p> <p>3, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Victoria Island, Lagos</p>
- 09:00 - 17:00
Non-Member - ₦ 365000.00
Member - ₦ 350000.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
This introductory 5-day classroom course provides a comprehensive, practical overview of the fundamentals of energy management, equipping participants with all the essential knowledge and skills they need to save energy, reduce operational costs and carbon emissions, comply with legislation and meet their organization’s environmental goals.
Course topics include monitoring and targeting, energy auditing, solution development, as well as regulations and standards. As part of this course delegates will conduct a supervised energy audit visit to a plant room and cover writing an audit report.
- This course is suitable for those with little or no knowledge or experience of energy management
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent + some experience using Microsoft Excel is required
- Pre-reading: Energy Essentials: A Guide to Energy Management
Who should attend this course:
- Those looking to begin a career in energy management or have recently taken up a role with energy management responsibilities
- Those looking to conduct internal energy audits for ESOS (with guidance and sign-off from a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor)
- Those who would like to refresh their knowledge before pursuing an EI upper-level training course
- Those coming from a wide range of fields including procurement, facilities management, finance, CSR and sustainability, who want to gain a better understanding of the field of energy management
- Introduction to energy management – building an energy management process.
- Metering and buying
- Metering monitoring and targeting techniques
- Regulations and standards
- Energy auditing in practice
- Energy auditing: report writing
- Energy management solutions
- Energy management: project development
- Mounting an effective staff awareness campaign
- End of course exam: 50%
- Independent project: Energy Audit & report: 50%
On successful completion of the course, students will achieve the Energy Institute Level 1 Certificate in Energy Management Essentials. They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain the Energy Institute Level 2 Certificate in Energy Management.
This course also meets the prior-knowledge requirement for attending an International register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course.
- Training Team