Aviation Jet Fuel - Dubai - June 2020
- Middle East
- <p>Dubai World Trade Centre Club<br />33rd Floor Sheikh Rashid Building<br />DWTC, Dubai</p>
Non-Member - USD 2125.00
Member - USD 1875.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
This 2-day training course will provide delegates with an overview of aviation jet fuel, focusing on the jet engine, its underlying principles and fuel requirements as well as the critical characteristics of jet fuel, including additives, Industry best practice adopted in the supply, handling and use of aviation fuel.
By the end of this course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- The jet engine, its underlying principles and fuel requirements
- The critical characteristics of jet fuel, including additives
- Industry best practice adopted in the supply, handling and use of aviation fuel
- Real-life problems associated with the contamination of fuel and solutions to remedy them
- The practical side of operations at an airport storage depot and a laboratory
- Aviation fuel standards, traceability and quality assurance.
Who should take this course?
- Senior project engineers
- regional managers
- terminal/depot managers
- supervisors and inspectors.
- The jet engine – Starting with the basics of how a jet engine works and examining why fuel parameters are critical.
- Production of fuel – Looking at major aspects of the production of fuel, the refining processes used and examining the current and possible future sources of jet fuel.
- Contaminants – Description of contaminant types in jet fuel and their prevention and control, including particulate, water, other fuels, additives, and microbial contamination.
- Specifications and standards – Why specifications are required and how they are developed. Jet fuel procurement specifications and fuel handling standards will be explained. Filtration – Description of Energy Institute standards. Explanation of the fundamentals of filtration and filtration types and how they are used.
- Additives – A look at what additives are permitted in jet fuel, their purpose and their use in manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Field tests – An overview of various field tests in preparation.
- Storage, distribution and quality control – A discussion of operational challenges in distribution systems. A guide to equipment and best practice.
- Fuel receipt, refueller loading and into-plane refuelling – Overview of standard practices
- Certification and record-keeping – Fuel Traceability and Quality Assurance
- Certification and product quality workshop – A chance for attendees to participate. The focus will be on product authentication and product quality data verification.
- Inspections (IATA, JIG, CAA) – Maintaining and developing best practice.
- Safety – An overview of industry standards and how the learning from the course is applicable to safety.
- EI Middle East Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178