POWERful Women Annual Conference
- London and Home Counties
- <p>BEIS Conference Centre, 1 Victoria Street, Westminster, London</p>
- 09:15 - 15:00
Non-Member - 75.00
Member - 75.00
- Book now
Hear from The Rt Hon Claire Perry MP, Minister of State for Energy and Clean Growth at our annual POWERful Women Conference.
‘Conscious Inclusion for the Energy Transition’
The way we generate and use energy in the UK is changing. What kind of leadership do we need to future proof our sector? How do we actively include women in the energy transition to ensure that we can meet the challenges and maximise the opportunities that lay ahead? And how can aspiring women equip themselves to play a part, all the way up to the boardroom?
The POWERful Women Annual Conference 2019 will look at the current state of play on gender diversity at senior levels in the UK’s energy companies. Building on last year’s inaugural conference and the launch of the Energy Leaders’ Coalition, this year’s event will unveil work so far, exploring the barriers to gender diversity from a leadership perspective and what can be done to shift the dial on the statistics. For aspiring women, it will develop work on mentoring, career strategy and the opportunities for women as technology and digitalisation transform our sector. This is a conference for individuals, companies and future leaders.
- Keynote: Rt Hon. Claire Perry MP, Minister of State for Energy and Clean Growth
- Baroness Verma, Co-Founder and Board Member, POWERful Women
- Laura Sandys, Co-founder and Board Member, POWERful Women and CEO, Challenging Ideas
- Philip New, CEO, Energy Systems Catapult
- Greg Jackson, Founder & Chief Executive, Octopus Energy
- Colette Cohen, CEO, The Oil & Gas Technology Centre
- Sonia Van Ballaert, IBM Client Director, Shell and Member, IBM Industry Academy
- Juliet Davenport OBE, Chief Executive Officer, Good Energy
- Keith Anderson, Chief Executive Officer, ScottishPower
- Matthew Wright, Managing Director, Ørsted UK
- Paul Cowling, Managing Director, innogy Renewables UK
- Simone Rossi, Chief Executive Officer, EDF Energy
- Sinead Lynch, UK Country Chair, Shell
- Ruth Cairnie, Chair, POWERful Women
Workshop topics include:
- The role of resilience: How personal purpose, being adaptable and curious can help you build resilience, be more authentic and courageous and help you lean into your career. (Sara Vandenberghe and Jeremy Francis, So Just Add Water)
- Moving into senior roles: Great leaders are the key to great performance. Stepping into a leadership role can be exciting but also challenging. In this session we will examine what it takes to transition from Manager to Leader - what is the difference between both roles and how can you can positively step up into a strategic position. - (Sarah Cave, Director, Primeast Coaching)
- Career strategy: What methods can you apply when thinking about your career strategy. The session will give you a framework and practical advice and support so that you can better understand how to navigate a career path in a changing energy sector. - (Carol Rosati, Director, v2 Coaching)
- Transforming our careers in an evolving sector: In this session we will cover how to effect desired change in your career and make the most of it. This session will provide you with a toolbox to help navigate change by spotting and making the most of the opportunities and supporting ourselves through challenges. (Pamela Taylor, Executive Coach, Taylor Macpherson)
POWERful Women is a coming together of people across the energy sector - men and women - who recognise that, in order to face the challenges of the future, we need the right people, with the right talents in the right places. That means redressing the lack of women at energy’s top table and being prepared to create real change. With women currently occupying just 6% of the executive board seats of the UK’s top 80 energy companies, we are committed to keeping the issue high on the agenda.
- Francesca Ferrari
- +44 (0)20 7467 7192