EI LIVE free webinar | Changing energy demands – implications for infrastructure and storage
- 11:00 - 12:30
- Book now
Please note that registration closes at 17:00 on 24 November 2020
25 November 2020, 11:00 - 12:30 GMT
Storage and infrastructure are critical to the delivery of a resilient net zero energy system, enabling our changing energy demands to be supplied by a new, low carbon energy supply mix. With high investments, long asset lives and long build times, the decisions made today will have direct impacts on our efforts to become net zero in 2050.
With the imminent release of the National Infrastructure Strategy, please join our esteemed panel of experts from across the energy sector to explore the implications of changing energy demands on infrastructure and energy storage. The panel will cover both the big whole system questions on long term strategy as well as questions on near term system needs.
11.00 Welcome from the chair
Dr Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, REA (The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology)
11.05 Energy Systems Catapult introduction
Alex Buckman, Practice Manager, Networks and Energy Storage, Energy Systems Catapul
11.15 Panel discussion
Moderator: Dr Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, REA
- Juliet Davenport, CEO, Good Energy
- Julian Leslie, Head of Networks, National Grid
- Ross Ramsay, Senior Consultant, Mott Macdonald
- Chris Buckland, Technical Director, Lightsource BP
- Alex Buckman, Practice Manager, Networks and Energy Storage, Energy Systems Catapult
12.30 End of webinar
Key questions explored:
- How will infrastructure and storage need to change to support net zero energy systems?
- What are the challenges to infrastructure and storage deployment?
- How will the interaction between energy networks change in net zero energy systems?
- What are the low regrets options that can be done now, which will contribute to a net zero energy system?
- Where are the key needs for innovation within infrastructure and energy storage?
- Francesca Ferrari
- +44 (0)20 7467 7192